Monday, November 27, 2006

new low faux paux

I got markedly intoxicated over the three day Thanksgiving holiday period. Not for the entire time, but at certain points--and again, markedly. Also embarrassingly.



Though there were other moments of glory, to lazily sum this up in one anecdote: after about ten minutes of talking with a family friend and former babysitter, who I haven't seen since I was ten, I remarked that I recognize her so well, "because of all of the moles on [her] face." She sort of smiled and nodded. I got another drink.



The beauty of this comment was later increased when my sister informed me that the woman has had her major moles removed for cosmetic reasons.



Oh, if only I could liquefy and bottle these completely unnecessary, drunken comments to so-and-so's about their self-conscious such-and-suches; I would save them for a cold winter's night and then bathe in their sweet, self-respect deleting deliciousness.

0 comments: